Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vienna, Austria

Vienna has always been one of the cities I’ve always wanted to visit. I’m not sure why but I believe its because of my brother’s love of classical music that I’ve always been drawn to the city. While we didn’t get to take to go to an Opera or a concert, we still got to visit them.

Schonbrunn Palace: Unlike the Nymphenburg Castle in Munich, we decided to actually take a tour of the palace. The Palace was beautifully decorated and much of the furniture used by the family was still there. Outside, the gardens would have been absolutely beautiful if it had been summer instead of winter but I could still imagine how they would have looked. The best view of the palace and Vienna was from on top of the hill towards the end of the gardens. 

Central Cemetary: For music lovers, this was definitely the place to visit since it had the graves of many famous composers. I couldn’t believe how big the cemetery actually was.  We walked around for 30 minutes along the main roads and probably didn’t even see half of the cemetery. The only negative was that it rained previously so the bottom of our jeans or atleast mine got all muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment