Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pisa

 I’m really glad that my brother suggested that we visit Pisa.  It was such a beautful city. Pisa had such a small town feeling that it was a nice change of pace compared to Rome or Florence. Even though we only spent half a day there, we still were able to see everything that we wanted.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa: My brother and I have gotten into the habit of climbing to the top of domes or buildings so naturally we couldn't pass up the opportunity to climb to the top of the tower. In my opinion, this was one of the worst climbs. It wasn't because there were a lot of stairs but because the riser changed heights from step to step. While all of the stairs had indentations from where people had walked some of them were really bad that we almost fell as we walked up. However, once you got to the top you had an amazing view of the city and the mountains that was definately worth the climb to the top. The only disappointing thing was that we could not actually get to see even the main space of the tower.


Cathedral and Baptistry: Originally we weren't planning on going into either of them due to the cost but we decided to anyway since it really wasn't that much more. Both of these buildings really surprised me. I don't know what I was expecting to see on the inside but it wasn't what I saw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment