Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Munich, Germany


Munich was one of the cities I was most excited/nervious. I saw it as an oppertunity to visit the country my Dad's family is from and eat real German food. However, I was super nervious because this was the first country that I would visit in which I didn't know any word of the language. Sure my brother knew German but that didn't help me which was clerely evident when we were brought our food or when someone came up and asked for help. My mind completely blanked on what to say.


English Gardens:  The gardens reminded me of Hyde Park in London however, after walking though both of them I prefere the English Garden. It was very beautiful and calming because of the streams and the large trees which would cover the path. 

Alte Pinakothek: The Alte Pinakothek was my favorite musuem. I felt that the quality of all the paintings were excellent overall as well as the presentation of the paintings.


Nymphenburg Palace: By the time we visited the palace, the weather was warm and sunny. We didn't go in and take tour of the inside but we walked in the 'garden' in the back. We walked along the reflecting pool before finding a bench to sit and enjoy the view.


Food: I was really excited about eating an authentic German meal. We went to a local Bavarian restraunt literally right next to the hotel. Thankfully they had an English menu or I'm not sure I what I would have ordered. Looking back, I'm pretty confident that no matter what I ordered I would have really like it. So I decided on a mixture of different types sausages along with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. It was so good. And to drink: a good German beer. Usually, I'm not one who drinks beer but I have to say that it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment